Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Luke, I am your father...

Well it makes the noises...

I've had to get one of these to try & get myself through airports & on flights in the future (and anywhere else chemical dangers lurk). I know, it's a stunning piece isn't it. Just screams "accessorize!"

Of course the irony is that the gas mask is currently offgassing before I can actually wear it.

I did try it on for size yesterday. My cat was frightened of me. It took a while to convince him that no, nothing was trying to eat his mummy's face off. And yes, I had to say "Luke, I am your father". Not sure how that will go down at airport security though...

To be honest I really doubt anyone will even notice once I've got it on. They'll be like "Have you had your eyes done?" "Oh no, that's just my new gas mask. Fabulous isn't it?"

3 comments:

  1. yes i have one the Sundstrom masks and have the same problem with it off gassing. I have soaked the mask in Bicarb for a week changing the water daily and that seemed to provide a chloride type smell so I have been waiting for another 2 weeks and think that it is almost ready to use. I have a 3m mask which was Ok after one wash but is a bit dramatic as it is a twin filter. I has though that the new mask would be less obvious but having tries it on its still a gas mask! With the airport security I had my GP write a letter which I Carry with me all the time, so when stopped by the authorities it seems to do the job. I have decided that I love my 3m mask more but good luck with your new mask xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers. My GP is going to give me a letter but I already got the medic alert bracelet...I figured blinding them with bling might be just as good as a letter. I've heard it's not a good look out in public with this sort of thing on lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((((( InkPink )))))))))

    I just really hope it helps so you can do a bit more of what you want/need to do! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete